Carpet Flooring Brands:
- Mohawk SmartStrand Silk Carpet
- Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet
- Mohawk EverStrand Carpet
- Mohawk Wear-Dated Carpet
- Shaw Carpet
- Tuftex Carpet
- Nourison Carpet
- Stanton Carpet
- Masland Carpet
- Dixie Carpet
- Godfrey Hirst Carpets
- Hibernia Woolen Mills Carpet
Carpet makes the room. It’s the building block upon which your entire decor begins. It is warm and soft, inviting and comfortable. Residential Carpet offers you more warmth, softness and is much quieter than any other floor covering.
Many homeowners certainly have chosen wall to wall carpet for their living rooms, family rooms and especially bedrooms. In fact, carpet remains the most popular flooring options for a variety of reasons. After all, it’s relatively inexpensive, cozy, generally easier to install and replace than other floor coverings, and it offers more fashion options in colors and textures than any other floor covering option on the market.
- Carpet adds warmness and is soft under feet and easier on your baby’s knees.
- Carpet is much quieter than other flooring options.
- Carpet comes in a wide variety of styles ranging from traditional to contemporary.
- Carpet can hide many sub-floor defects that would not be able to be hidden with hard surfaces floors.
- Carpet is cheap and the installation costs are usually less installation costs of hard surfaces.
Floor Expo has hundreds of colors and styles to choose from in price ranges to fit any budget. Floor Expo has been installing and providing Residential Carpet to the tri-state area for over 30 years. We are Authorized Dealers for almost all major manufacturers, including:
Mohawk Residential Carpet
We carry the full line of Mohawk Flooring Products in stock in our warehouses in New Jersey and New York ready to deliver and install.
- SmartStrand® carpet with DuPont™ Sorona® renewably sourced polymer–the actual fiber is stain-proof!
- Even RED WINE will not stain this carpet. It is the ultimate in stain proof carpeting.
- The superior stain resistance of SmartStrand® carpet is engineered into the fiber and will never wear or wash off, meaning consumers will never need to retreat the carpet with stain protectors after steam cleaning.
- The production of Sorona® polymer requires 30 percent less energy than the production of an equal amount of nylon.
- Greenhouse gas emissions from the production of Sorona® are 63 percent lower than nylon manufacturing.
- This energy reduction results in approximately one gallon of gasoline saved per every seven square yards of carpet.
Wear-Dated® Residential Carpet is premium-branded nylon carpet fiber known for its beauty, comfort and durability.
EverStrand™ Residential Carpet Collections embody our ideals in one superior housing solution- to provide your home the quality and style it deserves without inflicting harm to our planet. EverStrand Carpet is actually make with recycled plastic bottles:
- One in every four plastic bottles recycled in North America becomes EverStrand™.
- 30 plastic bottles on average are recycled to make one square yard of EverStrand™.
- 14,000 recycled plastic bottles turn into EverStrand™ every minute.
- 3 Billion recycled plastic bottles are manufactured into EverStrand™ each year.
- 24 billion bottles have been recycled since 1999, keeping more than one billion pounds of plastic out of landfills.
- GreenWorks – Mohawk SmartStrand and Mohawk EverStrand are both “Green Carpets” . See below what makes these carpets environmentally friendly.
The Numbers Show That Our Efforts Are Making a Difference
- 500: The number of Mohawk products currently containing recycled materials.
- 3 Billion: About how many recycled plastic bottles we take in each year to manufacture Mohawk EverStrand™ carpet and other home products.
- 3 Billion: Pounds of pre- and post-consumer waste Mohawk diverts from landfills each year.
- 100 percent: Water from manufacturing processes at Mohawk ceramic tile facilities that is reused and never discharged as waste.
- 7 square yards: The energy savings for this amount of SmartStrand® with DuPont™ Sorona® renewably sourced polymer is equal to one gallon of gasoline.
- 1 Billion: Pounds of foam trim diverted from landfills and used to create Mohawk cushion.
STAINMASTER® Residential Carpet
- It’s the combination of these state of the art technologies that help keep your STAINMASTER® carpet free from stain, soil, static shock and texture loss, leaving you free to simply enjoy the livable style of your beautiful, STAINMASTER® carpet.
- All STAINMASTER® carpets are made using Type 6, 6 nylon fiber, the strongest carpet fiber available. This strength protects against the carpet against fiber loss from high foot traffic and contributes to superior appearance retention.
- Because STAINMASTER® carpet is manufactured using a combination of proprietary protectants, the fibers in STAINMASTER® carpet stay clean by actually repelling, or “pushing away” soil, reducing its ability to stick to the carpet fibers. This soil repelling action also increases vacuuming efficiency, so you get better results each time you vacuum your carpet.
- The difference between SmartStrand and StainMaster? SmartStrand is stain-proof because the actual fiber used to make the carpet is stain-proof. StainMaster carpets are topically treated with a protectant and are very resistant to stains but they are stain- resistant not stain-proof like SmartStrand.